Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008

We have had a very busy couple of days leading up to Halloween itself. Trying to get pictures of the girls in their costumes, going to plays at the kids school, birthdays, and cleaning the house for visitors is all worth it in the end.

This year both Miridyan and Paityn were little skunks !!! We actually found these costumes last November, I believe, at The Children's Place for 99 cents ! Can you believe it? We couldn't resist. We didn't love them at first, but after actually seeing them in them, we fell in love with them instantly. I am already debating on what to dress her up as next year. I love Halloween !!!





I have yet to introduce our newest foster son, Travis ! He is an amazing kid and we are so blessed to have him as part of our family at this time. Of course I will have to post pictures of the real him. Donny did his make-up and everything. It's definitely hard to tell what he really looks like from this picture. Miridyan wasn't scared of him at all. She actually laughed at him at one point. In fact, when I put a skeleton close to her face and say "BOO", she leans over and gives it a kiss. Guess she won't be too picky when it comes to dating ;)


Miridyan and I went to Travis' school to watch him in a play. It was so fun to go and watch him play so many different roles. I never would have thought that he would be interested in theater. We also went to our old foster daughter's play earlier that morning. She happens to go to the same school and called to invite me personally to come and watch her. Way to go Travis and Tara !!! You both did a remarkable job.



I was surprised with a visit from a dear friend of mine from New York, Jeff Lange. He had just finished up a project in California and was driving back to the East Coast. I am so glad that he was able to stop and say hello. It had actually been 7 years since I had seen him. I met him on a train from Connecticut to New York. I had a ton of luggage due to me deciding to move to the city. He was kind enough to help me carry my DVD player that was in this huge box. I can't thank you enough Jeff !!! I hope to be able to see you again soon.



And last but not least... HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNON !!! My little brother turned 21 years old this year, on the 28th to be exact. I still can't believe how grown up he is. He is such a wonderful uncle to Miridyan. She smiles so big every time she sees him. And she absolutely loves to play with his beard.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

what great pics. i am sad i had to leave early from the party. you are just like me. as soon as halloween is over i start thinking of what alana can be next year. i also love halloween.