Sunday, July 13, 2008

Every Day

Alright... so the other day I turned on CMT so that I could listen to music while I did dishes. You know how there are some songs that you sing along with all the time, but you never really think about what the words are? I love Rascall Flatts... more and more. Their music video Every Day came on and it really caught my attention. This is truly an amazing song. One of those songs that literally leaves you in thought. I cried while listening to the lyrics because I thought about all the people in my life who have been there for me. So many people. It is so easy for us to take "them" for granted. I want to say thank you to all of my friends and family who will forever be in my heart and in my life. Thank you for taking time out of your life to help enrich mine. When I think about the struggles I have been faced with in my life, I have to personally thank two of my best friends, Ashliegh & my mom, for being there for me during the worst of it. Ash, you have know idea how much you mean to me. I can't thank you enough. And mom... I can't tell you how much of a blessing you are in my life. I hope that the loved ones in my life have atleast on person who saves them every day. Here are the words to Rascal Flatts' song Every Day ...

You could've bowed out gracefully
But you didn't
You knew enough to know
To leave well enough alone
But you wouldn't
I drive myself crazy
Tryin' to stay out of my own way
The messes that I make
But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me
Yeah, you get me
It's amazing to me
.
CHORUS
How every day
Every day, every day
You save my life
.
I come around all broken down and
crowded out
And you're comfort
Sometimes the place I go
Is so deep and dark and desperate
I don't know, I don't know
.
Repeat Chorus
.
Sometimes I swear, I don't know if
I'm comin' or goin'
But you always say something
without even knowin'
That I'm hangin' on to your words
With all of my might and it's alright
Yeah, I'm alright for one more night-
every day
Every day, every day, every day
Every day, every day
You save me, you save me, oh, oh, oh
Every dayEvery, every, every day-
.
Every day you save my life
.
.
Here is a link to watch their music video !!!
.

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

you are so sweet. you mean alot to me too. we have been friends for a long time and have been through alot good and bad! and we have remained friends through it all.

friends forever
Ashleigh

Mitchell Family said...

Love that song too! Thanks for the congrats... I haven't seent Dr yet but I am thinking my estimated due date will be right around March 9, 2009!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe,
Thank you so much for you being you. You have become such a loving and giving joy in my life. I could not ask for a better daughter or mother for my grandaughter. I love you and your family and all that we have to share.
Mom