Thursday, July 10, 2008

Is it dark in here?

I put Miridyan down for a nap this afternoon, which she is really good about. I went into my room and turned on the monitor. Some times it takes her a bit to remember that she truly was tired and fussy. So... at this point she is babbling happily, kicking off her blanket, doing 360's in her crib. I would go in every now and then to readjust her blanket and turn on her mobile. After about 15 minutes there was complete silence. Success !!! (not that this hasn't happened before, she really is good about taking naps) When I went into check on her and make sure that she hadn't tangled herself all up in the blanket, this is how I found her. I had to laugh because she has done this so many times before and didn't like it at all. I have been trying to decide on the best way to create darkness in her room (without covering the windows in foil). Perhaps she is on to something !!! I just need to buy her a little eye mask !!! Why didn't I think of that in the first place? She truly was out when this picture was taken (and I did take it off of her eyes when I was finished).

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

That is so funny. I can't stop laughing. I can just imagine walking in there and trying to be quite and seeing her like that. I would've probaby woke her up with my laughing!! miss ya!

Mitchell Family said...

Oh my... that is so cute. This is EXACTLY what would happen to Savanna. Josh would always give the big "threat" "if that happens again I will cut the bow up." He HATES bow and hated when it would fall over Savanna eyes because she too would scream. But I told him it is just part of being a girl! LOVE the picture :)