Monday, July 14, 2008

The $6 balloon

When we went to dinner at my parents house the other night, upon walking through the door, we were greeted with a couple of big mylar balloons with fish inside of them (not real fish, of course). My sister grabbed one and walked it over to Miridyan and said "Look what Grandpa bought for you".

Later that evening as I was talking to my mom, she told me that while they were at the store she saw the balloons that my dad had picked out for the girls and said ...

"Have you ever spent $6 on a balloon before?"

And without hesitation my dad replied...

"I've never had grandkids before."

Just one more reason to add to the list as to why Miridyan has one of the greatest Grandpas in the world. You are doing a remarkable job, dad.


2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

granpas are the best!! i can tell your dad loves being a grandpa!

love
Ashleigh

Jess and Heather said...

Miranda, I finally looked at my blog and saw you found it! I am so glad you did! I miss you! Your daughter is beautiful! I didn't even know you had any kids yet! I will try to work on mine. Love, Heather Jones