Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Time !!! Where Does it Go?

I realize that I have been away from the world of blogging for quite some time now... I am reminded by my loving mother often... I apologize to those of you who actually read this, but most of all to myself... So many things have happened in the last 6 months that I wont get to share in the same way as if it were fresh. I have decided to just continue from today and perhaps in the future add what happened in the past... Fair enough?

I particularly chose today to start again because I was reminded what an amazing daughter I have been blessed with! I will catch you up on her as well...

This morning we were going about our usual routine... me trying to entertain Miridyan in my room, so I could just lay on my bed and attempt to wake up. I decided to get up and eat my breakfast in the rocking chair that is next to my nightstand. Miridyan and Emmitt were fascinated by something inbetween the two, so I set my cereal bowl down and leaned forward to make sure it wasn't something with more than 2 legs. As I did this, the chair tipped forward. I tried to catch myself so that the chair wouldn't topple on Miridyan or Emmitt. As I did this, however, my feet didn't catch right and I ended up twisting my ankle and my knee and jetted to the side, barely clearing the two. My head rammed into the metal bed frame and I just laid there. I couldn't move my left leg and I just started crying due to the pain. Miridyan was able to get out from under my leg. She kept saying "Ok... Ok... Ok" which she does whenever she falls or gets hurt. When she noticed that I was crying she came over to me and looked me straight in the eye and said "Don't Cry"! I was in such pain that I tried so hard to tell her I was ok, but I couldn't. She then went and got her bowl of dry cereal and began to put pieces in my mouth. At this point I couldn't help but smile and tell her thank you. She cured me! Is this what I do to her when she is crying? Give her food and tell her not to cry? Perhaps I need to pay more attention to my own actions ! As I remained sitting on the floor she started doing her little "step on bugs" dance and twirling in a circle.
She is my little Angel who came to my rescue!
Now I am thinking that I better get on the "how to dial 9-1-1 lesson" just in case!


Now... Let me catch you up on Miridyan !!! As of today she is 19 1/2 months old ! At her 18 month old check-up her stats were:

Weight: 24 lbs
(45%)
Height: 30 inches
(9%)

So, she is a bit on the shorter side, but healthy as can be !!! And I am not even sure how, because she is a terrible eater and unbelievably picky (My mom says she is not surprised) I guess I was a bit on the picky side as well when it came to food.



Miridyan is so full of life! There is never a dull when she is around! Whether she is throwing an impressive tantrum that you just have to smile at or singing one of the many songs that she has learned, you can't help but love HER! Her current song list includes Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, about every 6th letter in the ABC song, multiple songs from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and her (well our) new favorite Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye !!!


She loves counting (1-20) and building. She also loves to play mommy to her baby Ella and a few others around the house. Climbing is yet another favorite past time. Not sure how she learned to pull out the bottom drawer in order to get her on top of counters, but she does it remarkably well!


Miridyan is friendly to almost everyone she can see. We can't go anywhere without her saying Hi to everyone in sight. And if they don't respond back to her, she just gets louder. Restaurants are the best because close proximity makes her hard to ignore... She has been a little chatter box from day 1, so talking at 12 months wasn't a big surprise! She picks up on everything that anyone says and repeats it almost perfectly!
She is a little JabberJay (for those of you who have read the Hunger Games).

These pictures were taken a few weeks ago by the one and only... ME
(just in case you were wondering ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was begining to wonder if you had abandoned this site for facebook. I'm happy you did not abandon it completely - I love to read up on what's up in your day-to-day. Love the pics & new background.

Love ya,
Aunt Nik

Anonymous said...

luv the baby, luv the daughter, luv finding new comments and pictures to brighten my day. (Now I just need pictures emailed to me so I can add them to my screen saver.) These pictures are too cute! mom

Ashleigh said...

Yeah!! i am so glad you are blogging again. So fun to see how big she has grown. I am sorry to hear about your fall. i hope you are ok! When i ask how you are doing that is something you need to let me know about!!

Mitchell Family said...

Well it's about time ;) Your little girl is growing up so fast! She is so cute... you coming up here any time soon?

Jacy said...

Miridyan is beautiful!!!! Sorry about your awful fall. Isn't it sweet though when our kids help us get feeling better?