Wednesday, May 28, 2008

3 Years and still counting !!!



Today is our 3 year anniversary !!! I know there were days in the past that I wondered if we would ever make it this far. But now, all I see is many years to come. The day started out just like any other day. I woke up around 5 am to allow me to get ready and be to work by 6am. Donny slept in a little longer until Miridyan woke up. Towards the end of my 12 hour shift I got a call from the lady in dispatch asking if I could come down to her desk. I have to admit... I was a little nervous at first. For some reason I was born with a guilty conscience. Anyhow, as I approached the desk I saw a beautiful vase filled with a stunning arrangement of flowers. There were three flowers of each type. The three tallest were Dutch Iris', one of our flowers we had at our wedding. When I got home later that evening, Donny told me that we had to be somewhere by 7:15 pm, so I needed to hurry change my clothes. For dinner, he took me to The Painted Pony. As we walked in, the lady looked at him as if she had seen him before. She then made the statement " We made a little change, but I think you will be happy with it". I knew he had something up his sleave. They had set up a table in a very intimate corner with a beautiful view outside. And on the table was a single red rose. It was like something you would see in a movie. The food was amazing as well. Half way through our meal, our waitress brought over a gift bag. It was a lovely poem in a frame. I have to admit... my husband is a romantic. The night reminded me of when we first started dating. And you know how that all changes after the wedding! It was perfect. Now... just so you don't think that I didn't buy him anything... my idea for this year was for us to buy a Wii. My thinking was that it would give us something fun to do together and as a family. I stuck to the plan, however, as you can see, he didn't. I love him for that! Thank you for the perfect evening Donny. I love you very much !!!

No comments: